Monday, April 9, 2012

In the Garden: Veggies

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous, and we spent the day putting in the vegetable garden (with a little helper):



Last year's crop didn't do so well, so we replaced all the dirt with fresh soil and planted a tomato, a zucchini and a yellow bell pepper. I haven't grown bell peppers yet, but I did manage to get one zucchini and one cherry tomato last year. We'll see how this year goes. (Find out how we built the planter here.)

Are you growing anything fruits or veggies this year? I'd love to hear about it.

2 comments:

  1. I always plan to do this every year but I have a black thumb. I don't even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that should be offering gardening advice after last year's debacle, but I'd suggest starting small. Maybe a pot or two with herbs in a sunny spot in the yard (most herbs are easy to grow, but I've never had much luck with dill or cilantro). Then after you get some confidence, just jump in!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!