Monday, April 23, 2012

Curtain Conundrum

Good morning. Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was pretty busy, but I managed to stop by Cost Plus World Market in search of a pillow. The pillow was not to be found, but I did stumble across this shower curtain:
Spiced Palampore shower curtain
I have no need for a shower curtain, but it has the colors I want for the dining room curtains. See where I'm going?

It's a bit short at 72 inches, but I could add some trim or a band of solid-color fabric to the bottom (with the help of a very talented friend, of course).

My only concern is that I've fallen hard for this wallpaper for the back wall, and I'm not sure how the two would work together:
Wilderness Wallpaper
What do you think? Too crazy? Keep in mind that they would be on adjacent walls, so the patterns won't be right on top of each other. See:

Here's another fabric I like, but again, I'm not sure how it would work with the wallpaper:
PinkDoorFabrics
Any thoughts? I'd love to hear what you think.



4 comments:

  1. I like the second fabric with that wallpaper. I wouldn't be so worried about the patterns clashing, but the mustard gold in the first curtain and the sparkly gold in the wallpaper might look weird together. That said, I'd be happy to sew whatever you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about the second fabric is that it also comes in blue and green, so we could make a window scarf for the living room too! But I don't know what the weight of the fabric is, so I don't know if it will work. May be time for another trip to Joann's, 'cause I gots to make up my mind soon if I want your help!

      Delete
  2. Or we could go check out some of the local independent fabric stores in my area when you're up here. There is a small good one on Piedmont and another one in Berkeley that's awesome and huge.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!