Wednesday, February 29, 2012

White and Bright

I grew up in a white house. Not the outside, but the inside. My dad had pretty good taste and enjoyed shopping and decorating (that must be where I got the bug), but he didn't believe in painting the walls. So we had white walls. And a white sofa. And white carpet (just in the living room).

When I bought my own home, I was finally free to add color to the walls. And I did—blue in the bedroom, yellow in the dining room, green in the master bath.

But browsing through my Pinterest boards, I've noticed that a lot of the spaces I choose to save are light and bright, with white walls and large windows. That might have something to do with the fact my house is a bit of a cave, with little natural light, despite having fairly large windows.

While I don't think I'll be covering my walls with Benjamin Moore's Linen White any time soon, I do enjoy revisiting these spaces:

Source: bhg.com via Beth on Pinterest


Source: bhg.com via Beth on Pinterest


Source: bhg.com via Beth on Pinterest





Source: tumblr.com via Beth on Pinterest


Which do you prefer: clean and white or full of color?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!