Monday, February 20, 2012

Warm Up to Winter: Fireplace Edition

It's been unseasonable warm here during the day, but at night it still gets chilly, and I love sitting in front of the fireplace, hot chocolate in hand, paging through a design mag or reading a book.

While we have a fireplace, it doesn't get much use because of wood-burning restrictions related to air quality. I do love the fireplace as a focal point, though. Even in our relatively mild climate, I'm not sure I'd buy a house without one, if only for the ambiance.

With that in mind, I rounded up pictures of some of the loveliest mantels I could find. If you don't have one at home, I hope this warms you up.

There's a lot going here, but it doesn't seem too busy:
Lonny via Angie Helm Interiors
Very California:
Apartment Therapy
Rita Konig's bold fireplace:
T magazine via A Lovely Being
Marble and pink (swoon!):
CWB Architects
Love the white mantel against the pale blue walls:
Elle Decor
Possibly my favorite space from Domino, the living room of its former creative director, Sara Ruffin Costello:
Domino: The Book of Decorating
Keri Russell's living room—so quiet and elegant:
Elle Decor
I'd happily stay in this hotel:
La Belle Juliette
The wall color and art make this such a happy space:
Lonny
And just in case you're wondering, this is mine:
The Blue Room

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!