Monday, July 18, 2011

A Relaxing Weekend

I have trouble relaxing. I can rarely relax at home—there's always something that needs to be done, and because I work from home, I'm here most of the time, so I like to get away when I can.

Last weekend was spent doing things around the house. We got a lot accomplished, but it was exhausting. This weekend I promised Erik we could take it easy, and that we did.

The weekend started with a fishing trip. Friday after work we took the boat to the lake and spent several hours out on the water, Erik fishing, me reading a magazine. The weather was wonderful, and the atmosphere was so peaceful. Even the traffic on the bridge overhead was kind of zen.

And this was our view heading back to the dock:


It doesn't get more relaxing than that!

On Saturday I went back to the farmers market where I picked up some fruit and honey. Then I spent a good part of the afternoon in the yard with dogs, enjoying the perfect weather we've been lucky enough to have lately. Later we went out to dinner, capped off by piece of fresh peach pie. Nothing says summer like fresh peach pie! We also took a bike ride after dark, over to the university, to look for kit foxes. We saw quite a few (they are so cute!), as well as several cats and one skunk.

Sunday was spent paying bills, pinning on Pinterest and catching up on some work. I can't help it. But it was nice to have a couple of days to unwind and recharge after a busy and stressful week. How do you relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!