Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Checklist

There's always so much I want to do each summer, but usually when the season's over, I realize that I haven't done most of what I wanted to do. Being a list maker, I find if I write down what I want to accomplish, I'm more likely to get it done.

So, since the season officially starts this week, here's my summer to-do list:
Carrot cake ice cream
By Joy [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
  • Make ice cream
  • Go out on our boat
  • Have a picnic
  • Barbecue (or, as they apparently say in the Midwest, grill out)
  • Start a brunch tradition
  • Spend a day exploring an unfamiliar neighborhood in LA
  • Visit an amusement park*
  • See a concert at the Hollywood Bowl
  • Make a fruit crumble
  • Go for bike rides 
  • Go to a baseball game
  • Go to the coast
  • Go to a flea market 
Notice how many of those involve food? I'll have to be sure to go for lots of bike rides!

What are some things you hope to do this summer?

* Back when I was in school, I worked at an amusement park. I live about a hour from it, but haven't been there in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!