Wednesday, August 10, 2011

In the Kitchen

I find myself drawn to white kitchens lately. It could be the clean simplicity of the color, the way it steps back and lets the food be the true star of the room. It could be that white works well with many styles of decor, looking equally at home in a country kitchen and in a sleek, modern space.

But, to be honest, it's probably because I have a white kitchen and, with no immediate plans for a major overhaul, want ideas to take it from boring and one dimensional to sparkling and inviting.

I love the bright, airy feeling wraparound windows give this Maryland kitchen:


Photo by The Washington Post via CocoCozy

Although I'm not sold on hardwood floors in the kitchen, the contrast of the dark floors against the white cabinets here speaks to me:

Kitchen designed by Carol Glasser via Home for the Better

I'm seriously dying over this glass-tile backsplash and the ingenious storage next to the range:


Hmm, what kind of seating do you prefer, upholstered stools or acrylic chairs? I love them both:


Sarah Richardson kitchen, left, via Decor Pad; Bailey McCarthy kitchen via Rue

What are you drawn to in a kitchen (besides the smell of cookies baking!)? Do you have a favorite one of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!