Monday, January 30, 2012

A Slight Detour

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was, well, unexpected. I opened my door Friday night to find a one-eyed, blind and deaf dog on my front porch. We took her to the emergency vet to be sure she wasn't sick or injured (nope, just old and hungry and tired), then set about trying to figure out where she came from.

She had a tag and it looked like we might be able to track down her owner, but that turned out to be a dead end.

She's very sweet and smells much better since we gave her a bath! But I really don't know what we're going to do. We can't keep her. I'm already overwhelmed with pets and work and life and blogging and other commitments, and looking after a special-needs dog is very time consuming.

All of this is to say that if I disappear now and then and don't keep to my usual three-posts-per-week schedule, I hope you'll understand. And if you know of any blind dog rescues, I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!