Monday, January 9, 2012

Inspired by: Open Shelving

I have a couple of upper cabinets in my kitchen that are pretty much useless. They won't hold anything wider than a saucer, and who uses saucers anymore? I have a few odds and ends stashed in them, but lately I've been considering removing the doors and putting some kitchen eye candy on display.

The all-white arrangement here is clean and simple:
Southern Accents
Artwork is an unexpected touch:
House Beautiful via Sacramento Street
I'm considering displaying cookbooks:
Southern Living via The Estate of Things
This is so neat and organized. Hard to maintain? Maybe:
MarthaStewart.com via Lark&Linen
Happy and colorful:


David Meredith via KitchenBuilding.com
The homeowners here took all the doors off these cabinets, leaving them wide open:
Perfectly Imperfect
This is similar, with bright, clean styling:
The Lovely Cupboard
This is just stunning:
Better Homes & Gardens via Milk & Honey Home

The jury isn't out yet. My main hesitation is keeping things clean, as the cabinets are right next to the stove. I don't cook greasy food much, so maybe it won't be a problem.

Do you have open shelving in your kitchen? If so, how do you keep things clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!