- My work. Journalism has taken a real beating in the last few years, and my career has been no exception. But I'm so grateful that I still get paid to do something that I love and that I'm very good at.
- My home. It's not perfect, and there are still things I want to changes after (gulp!) eight years here, but my home is where I feel safe and comfortable, and where I can get my decorating fix.
- This blog. Even if no one ever reads it, it's been a fantastic creative outlet for me. (And I can't tell you how thrilled I am when someone visits and leaves a lovely comment. Thank you all!)
- My four-legged family. They bark too often, scratch, cost us way too much money—but I can't imagine life with my dogs and cat. Every animal that's come into our home—even the ones that were here for just a short time—has brought us such joy and taught us something about life and ourselves.
- My husband. He's the best. Happy birthday, sweetie.