Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A-Tisket, A-Tasket ...

I got a new bike basket!

It's made by Electra, so it's perfect for my Townie (best bike ever, I might add):
I put the basket on myself. It took a bit of effort, and I had a few pieces left over when I was done (uh-oh!). The hardest part was following the directions. It was just drawings, not words, and I had trouble figuring out what the pictures were trying to depict.


This piece went on the basket itself:
At first I put the back part on upside down and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't click into place on the bike. But it wasn't long before I had on the right way.

This piece goes on the handle bars:
The basket just slides on and off. Super simple.

I plan to use it to carry my laptop and purse when I want to take a quick trip over to Starbucks (and Camille's when it opens nearby—can you say cute and delicious mini-eclairs?). And we took a ride over to the new Yogurtland last weekend (although I guess I didn't need the basket for that). I'd also like to see if I can get Bitsy to ride in the basket, but I don't know if she's going to go for that!

Here's the bike with the basket attached:
I do plan on taking the tag off at some point.

I also got a the cutest Hello Kitty bell, but it didn't work out. Erik put it on, but Kitty was kinda upside down, and the headlight had to move from the left handle bar to the right one to accommodate the bell, and it just didn't work over there. I'm disappointed, but maybe I'll think of somewhere else to use the bell. The bike was getting a bit overloaded anyway. Less is more and all that.


What's your favorite type of bike? And what bike accessories do you have or covet? Let me know. (And while you're here, listen to the great Ella Fitzgerald singing "A-Tisket, A-Tasket.")

2 comments:

  1. My mom just got this basket for her bike also! I love how it has a handle, in case you need to take it off. Looks cute on your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle! The handle is very convenient.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!